Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen these around before and now would like to find one to purchase, but i have no idea what they are called or if they are even widely available (i highly doubt it). but nonetheless, i'm going to try to find one if someone can help me out and tell me the identity of these awesome vehicles!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
It's a bigwheel.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I think....been awhile. They are extremely rare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, thanks a lot! did some research on big wheel and found that they are either a yamaha "easy rider" or bw (big wheel) 200, or a honda fat cat. actually found several on craigslist near me too!

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Yea I knew that Yamaha made the Big wheel. Just didn't know what Honda's was called. Glad you found it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
They came out in the mid 80's I think, they were kind of hard to ride with the balloon tires they used on them, I've seen alot of them at the beach.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Looks like a rough ride. lol I've never rode one.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Oh yeah they ride funny from what i remember it's been a looooog time since i've ridden one. Somthing about the fat tires and turning.

Looks like a rough ride. lol I've never rode one.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
hahaha......

·
Registered
195 Posts
I rode one a few years back for the first................... and last time. lol. Once you get use to it, they are fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i want one primarily for something else to ride on mountain trails (i do a lot of trail runs in my truck) and also just because they seem like such a novelty. any ideas on top speed/acceleration of a fat cat or big wheel? and does anyone know of the major differences in the two?

·
Registered
5 Posts
differences

evidently an old thread....The fatcat is auto clutch and has foot and hand rear brakes which I love. The fatcat feels like a three wheeler with 2 wheels, the bigwheel is like a bike with fat tires. Parts for the fatcat are WAYYYYYYYYYY cheaper and more plentiful. Bigwheel is more performance, but I prefer the fatcat. Bigwheel has wider rear tire, and has a jackshaft and 2 chains, fatcat is single chain and 8 inch wide rear tire. Both ar eway coo, and way fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts