Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my first post in this forum. I purchased a new 2021 Honda rancher 420 4x4 foot shift Saturday. Well on the first ride something fell off while riding down a dirt road and I can’t figure out what it is.

So if anyone could identify this I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would be calling the dealer first thing Monday morning on this one. If you can't wait, start searching online Honda parts diagrams looking for it.
If I were to venture a WAG I'd say it was a bracket used for tiedown during shipping and somehow got left on the bike instead of discarded.

Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do.. I’ve looked all over it and can’t figure it out.. hopefully the dealer can tell me and it’s nothing important.. it was a 6hr round trip to the dealer lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I finally figured it out after watching an uncrating and assembly video on YouTube it’s some type of guard for the brake caliper

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think I see it. Is it missing in the first photo?

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Maybe the dealer will just send you the two shoulder bolts. Is it metal or plastic?

·
Registered
461 Posts
It looks like a protector for the rubber boot on the outer end of the drive shaft. Stay out of the woods until you get it back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For what it’s worth and for future reference. The dealer called it a knuckle guard and they get installed during the uncrating process.. but the dealer is shipping me the correct bolts.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Good news. I guess you know how long finger tight holds a knuckle guard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts