Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can anyone perhaps identify this quad ... this was advertised on marketplace as a honda 300cc quad, I tried to do some research with no luck ... I am starting to think this is not a honda.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Looks like a TRX300 , better pics and I might be able to narrow the year down and tell you more about it , the 10th digit of the vin stamped on the front cross brace will be the year code , it looks to have a after market plastic fuel tank ---- we have a lot of 300 guys hang out on atvhonda.com , I am one of them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the help guys, it seems to be a 1996 Fourtrax TRX200 Type D ... seems like I just missed it at $240

·
Registered
89 Posts
Probably best you didn't get it , finding parts would be hard and expensive
I have a '96 Foreman 400, and haven't had any problem getting parts (so far). It still runs and looks good - use it with a 4' snowplow and have had very few problems. Love it more than my Honda 1000 UTV, but it's not as fast. LOL You have to love those old Honda's.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I hear you red tape , I have 300s and 450s , I find it getting harder to get parts , OEM parts are becoming unavailable and good used parts cheap are getting harder to find ---- also take in to consideration the production numbers , the 300 was built in staggering numbers from 88-2000 and have a lot of aftermarket parts out there , some models were very limited production and only for a couple of years and have practically no after market support ----check out atvhonda.com , lots of old school guys over there

·
Super Moderator
37,339 Posts
Hey guys, can anyone perhaps identify this quad ... this was advertised on marketplace as a honda 300cc quad, I tried to do some research with no luck ... I am starting to think this is not a honda.
trx200 D model, better known around my parts as '' hump back ''.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts