Honda ATV Forum banner

Camo? What Colors Last the Longest

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Eric the red 
#1 ·
Looking at a 2021 Rubi and don't want red but Matte Green and Camo cost $500 more than red...I have always heard that Camo fades real bad...is that still the case or has it gotten more reliable? I will store the ATV inside and don't do mudding - how will the Camo hold up?

#2 ·
from what little i know about camo plastics ?, over time, the decal design washes off ?, spec when owners use power washers to clean them ?. save yourself the money, buy plastics that are a solid color. and make sure it has a manual shift !!.

Reactions: Wordty
#4 ·
from what little i know about camo plastics ?, over time, the decal design washes off ?, spec when owners use power washers to clean them ?. save yourself the money, buy plastics that are a solid color. and make sure it has a manual shift !!.

Well the 2020 models had all rebates taken away, so I was told by two dealers b/c everyone was buying them like crazy due to Corona...I had two places in February that were about $1800 off of MSRP on Rubicons who suddenly were full price! 2021 models that are slowly showing up in dealers seem to have no discounts either. Had a Polaris salesman tell me that April broke all kinds of sales records. I want olive and am considering now a foreman so I can get an olive with foot shift...as SHADETREE said, I want foot shift for sure.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Brookhaven in Ms. was advertising 2020 Rubicon foot shift and power steering for $6997 including everything but sales tax but they didn't have them in stock or I would have bought one. Southern Honda in Tn. was advertising for about $500 more with everything but sales tax but now they've raised their prices about $500. I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for them want to sell one. Those government checks can't last forever.

If anybody else knows where I can fine one for a good price within a days drive of Louisville, Ky. please let me know. It has to be a Rubicon with foot shift and power steering. Thanks.

#6 ·
The 2021 camo is new, claimed to never fade and is different than the 2020 camo.
My brother just bought one, were in canada so pricing is totally different so I cant comment on it.
His is the auto also, it's pretty nice on smooth trails but it still is best to shift it in manual in rough terrain as it will shift when you dont want it to at times. The low range is great too, everyone forgets the auto's have low range. On my foot shift I find im revving in first or lugging in second alot, with low range 3rd is right between high 1 and 2 and is better crawling along rough trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.