Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
my friends grampa's truck, was pushing 292K, back in, [durn if i can remember the year, think i was before my 20's, if not before] it was an old ford truck, and it did chatter, some, going up hills.. his grandparents still had the wood stove in the kitchen, which grandma still cooked on, an it heated their house some.
ford or chevy, ya get a good one, ya got a great one...
in those old day's, trucks were made to work.. now they are made to be pretty.., for the most part. i climbed hills with the older trucks, that i wouldnt do now. they wern't 4 wheel drive, but had good heart.. besides, i wernt afraid of a scratch or two.. trucks had a better paint job, back then, so did cars..
i think i would take a chevy truck over a ford truck now, because the engine is not as complicated.
if wishes were fishes,, i'd like to stick the 73cuda, 340 engine, 3/4 cam, in the 64 barracuda, and run it down the track.
i cant knock any truck, that performs well...
i got 27 miles per gallon, with a ford 4cyl. truck, while pulling a john-boat, loaded, with camping stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How many miles you put on that truck so far?
what does it matter ?..its a chevy !. and just to answer your question ( which I should not have too ), my truck has over 262k on it, all original miles at that :).
Touchy touchy. I got a fridge full of pony beers for poor folks passing through, or anyone trying to get out of a bad dented high mileage motorcycle and into a shiny black good one, even ones that can't find north without visiting the same toll booth twice, I aim to please. But don't kid yourself, :grin
Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, gas or diesel, 262k miles in a truck isn't hard to do anymore. My 04 Avalanche is at 289k miles and runs strong too. Of course, I only owned it for 2 years now and put 20k miles on it. After seeing a few hit 500,000 miles where I work, I decided to get one for myself. Caught on to the question yet?

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
How many miles you put on that truck so far?
what does it matter ?..its a chevy !. and just to answer your question ( which I should not have too ), my truck has over 262k on it, all original miles at that :).
Touchy touchy. I got a fridge full of pony beers for poor folks passing through, or anyone trying to get out of a bad dented high mileage motorcycle and into a shiny black good one, even ones that can't find north without visiting the same toll booth twice, I aim to please. But don't kid yourself, :grin
Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, gas or diesel, 262k miles in a truck isn't hard to do anymore. My 04 Avalanche is at 289k miles and runs strong too. Of course, I only owned it for 2 years now and put 20k miles on it. After seeing a few hit 500,000 miles where I work, I decided to get one for myself. Caught on to the question yet?
only thing I caught was some one being stuck in a certain state ?, but we wont go there. regardless if I am poor or not ( which does not matter to me, and I have tried my best to explain this to you a few times, but as always, some folks in FL still can't count ). lets stop with the back jabbing now. let it go bro, and please stay out of my threads, its clear you have nothing nice to say to me, so I am giving you fair warning now, last chance, or like before, you WILL see the exit door , this I will bet on !. I thank you for what you did, but the past is the past, PLEASE LEAVE IT THERE !!. go bother some other forums. too all the members that are wondering what is going on here ?, forget it, its not worth my time to explain it to you, but I apologize in advance for some of my words here :).

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
send me another email how to get away from the termites, i got a cluster fix [not spelled the way i want] going on... you cant raise a building, high enough, to get rid of that.. the regular deterrent, seems not to work.. //ed

41 - 44 of 44 Posts