Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey outlaws !. sorry I have not been around lately ?, but I have had my hands full repairing my cabin. it was on the brink of falling down. I have spent the last few weeks laying concrete pads, pouring 2x2 pads, jacking it up, getting old poles out, and installing 6x6 treated post. this job has had me busting my tail lately, and more to come !. roof needs replacing, back room repaired/replaced, so you wont see me on here much, I really have my hands full !!. in the mean time, here is some pics of the work done so far !.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
stupid pics are upside down !..dam smart phone or website !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant seem to get pics right side up ?..lol.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
well never ending projects when you have motivation LOL

best of luck re doing things, hope all goes smoothly for you too!~

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets try this pic !. nope did not work..sigh.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well..another try ?,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to further this work on my cabin, for the past month, I have spent many days replacing my well pump, from ordering a new well pump, waiting over a week, it shows up just the pump !, no box ?, no paper work ?, no parts ?, just a bare pump, AND DAMAGED FROM FEDEX !. OMG..what a time this was. finally got another pump from same place, showed up undamaged , in the box, all paper work, parts. install it ( after spending all day rebuilding my well house ! ), next time I go down to start concrete work..THE PUMP IS GUSHING WATER OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE PUMP ON THE CASING !..AGHHH !!. seal some how got loose ?..not sure how ??..had to re-do that part of the pump. fixed it. its just been a nightmare for me lately.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
to further this work on my cabin, for the past month, I have spent many days replacing my well pump, from ordering a new well pump, waiting over a week, it shows up just the pump !, no box ?, no paper work ?, no parts ?, just a bare pump, AND DAMAGED FROM FEDEX !. OMG..what a time this was. finally got another pump from same place, showed up undamaged , in the box, all paper work, parts. install it ( after spending all day rebuilding my well house ! ), next time I go down to start concrete work..THE PUMP IS GUSHING WATER OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE PUMP ON THE CASING !..AGHHH !!. seal some how got loose ?..not sure how ??..had to re-do that part of the pump. fixed it. its just been a nightmare for me lately.
I ordered a new propane torch last week, and I got a empty box, NOTHING in it LOL
so, just got to love how some places ship things, little to no effort or logic to some workers I guess!

Shade, how deep is your well ?
mine here is just under 800 feet LOL
my well pump decided to die on me new's day 2 yrs ago, local stores stock them here, so was able to just go and grab one, even went to a slightly larger one(more GPM and more HP, but funny, it pumps slower than the old one does HAHA< some time just cannot win)

But, WEEE!~ talk about a fun project in 20 degree weather!

so, at least you got nicer weather to work with to install it!

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a new propane torch last week, and I got a empty box, NOTHING in it LOL
so, just got to love how some places ship things, little to no effort or logic to some workers I guess!

Shade, how deep is your well ?
mine here is just under 800 feet LOL
my well pump decided to die on me new's day 2 yrs ago, local stores stock them here, so was able to just go and grab one, even went to a slightly larger one(more GPM and more HP, but funny, it pumps slower than the old one does HAHA< some time just cannot win)

But, WEEE!~ talk about a fun project in 20 degree weather!

so, at least you got nicer weather to work with to install it!
my well is 90 ft to water. went with a goulds brand pump, 618 bucks shipped from FL.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You have had some bad luck with that well pump. Also your cabin sounds like you haven't been there in awhile or a storm did some damage. You have a change of pace from Honda revival and repair!! But bet you would rather be working on ATV's. We miss you but take care of your other projects....

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have had some bad luck with that well pump. Also your cabin sounds like you haven't been there in awhile or a storm did some damage. You have a change of pace from Honda revival and repair!! But bet you would rather be working on ATV's. We miss you but take care of your other projects....
your correct, I have not been going there like I should have been ?, but !, my problem is not from storm damage ?, IT'S BECAUSE OF THE IDIOT THAT BUILT THE ROOFS !. when he built the front and back area with the roof, HE DID NOT PUT NOWHERE ENOUGH PITCH TO THEM !. hense..no pitch ?, NO WATER DRAIN !..LOL. soooooooooo..i will correct this once and for all.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just to give you an idea of the roof pitch for the front and rear room, here is a couple side pic's to show everyone what I speak of. you could place a marble on the roof, let go of it...AND IT WONT ROLL OFF !..LOL.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... if I were on a mission to fill that 55 gallon barrel with (empty) beer cans shadetree, I would have made those roofs so's I couldn't roll off of them too!
hey now..there's coke cans in that barrel too !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here is front porch pic. I think I can drop down a foot at least ?.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I think so too. If not a foot you'll be pretty darn close to that. Just have to move the door like you said.... a foot more pitch will be plenty.
shoot..anything below what I got now will help !..lol. just need to get back down there, and get my tape measure and eyes on it !..lol.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I assume where the cabin is located you don't get any snow? If so it was REALLY built poorly...
it gets snow and ice, but yes, it was poorly built, but..its a weekend-fishing get-away place, not meant to live in daily , soo..it was thrown together with what they had when they built it back in the '50's, yes..it was first built back then...lol. it used to be a 1 room shack back then, and through the years, it got modern up grades. I could get into details on how it was back when I was knee high to a grass hopper ?, but that would take awhile..lol. from then to now ?, its like living in a condo !...lol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts