Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do i need to do to put disc brakes on a 1995 honda 300 fourtrax? Ill just put the discs on the front only and the atv is 2wd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Get a disc conversion kit. You'll need 12" front wheels too so the wheels clear the callipers.
There are other ways of doing it by sourcing parts from other hondas, the above is probably the quickest and simplest idea though.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Should have added, SuperATV do a kit at a reasonable price which seems to be quite good.

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
there is no direct bolt up disc kit fora 300 Fourtrax 2wd , I used a rancher 2wd kit from SuperATV and modified it by making new caliper mounting brackets and shimming the hub on the spindle , but I see SuperATV doesn't list the Rancher 2wd kit any more on their web site

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is no direct bolt up disc kit fora 300 Fourtrax 2wd , I used a rancher 2wd kit from SuperATV and modified it by making new caliper mounting brackets and shimming the hub on the spindle , but I see SuperATV doesn't list the Rancher 2wd kit any more on their web site

Can i put discs off a newer honda on mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
I don't know about the newer models swopping over on 2wd , I have read where you can make the 4wd disc with another model and some work ------you could call SuperATV and see if they still have the Rancher 2wd kit available , or look on e-bay for an old stock

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
Forzain' , I ordered brake pads today for my 300's disc conversion from Super ATV , took 2 days to get in touch with them as they had got hit with a tornado , so I had a long talk with the guy about different things and asked about the kit i used to do 2wd disc on a 300 , he said they quit making the Rancher 2wd kit and they have no more in stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts