Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I took a dremel with a cut-off wheel and cut a slot in the screws and turned them right out.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
There is no dipsick in the master cylinder. What are you referring to?? the Oil Tank?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
how would b good way to remove striped screws in brake master cylinder on 400ex
The dremel tool, that Moose mentioned would be the best way if you have one.

Sometimes you can use a small punch and hit on the outer edge of the screw head and tap the punch with a hammer. Tilt the punch back at an angle so you can try to turn the screw out by tapping the punch.

If that don't work, I would try drilling a hole in the center and then use "easy outs" to try to remove them. Since the screws are so small, you will probably have to use the smallest easy out that you can find. If that won't work, you might have to just drill them out. I would start by drilling in the center of the screw with a small drill bit that is just smaller than the diameter of the screw. Try to just drill the center of the screw out, leaving the threads. Then, take a sharp pick and try to dig the remainder of the threads out.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes ,dipstick in oil tank it calls for 2 quarts of oil on oil an filter change, but its , barely on stick, also thanks for advice on gettin out screws ive got dremel tool,ill try it tonight,just didnt what to mess up cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts