Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just bought an 89' TRX 250R. The brake rotors need replacing and from what I can understand the 89' rotors are the same as the 400EX. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, are the wheel hubs the same as the 400EX?

Thanks guys for any help you may offer!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Yes they should be the same.
Welcome to the forums!! is this a 2 stroke quad??

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Yes this is a screaming 2 stroke Moose. I love these quads. Welcome to the forums!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I figured being that old with a "R" prefix.. I know they are extremely quick for a 250. My friend had the 3-Wheeler version and man it would smoke nearly anything that pulled up next to it.

Yes this is a screaming 2 stroke Moose. I love these quads. Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Todays 450s wax the old 250s. A few guys around here race the 250s and they hardly ever win. Only if its a bad @$$ bike with a bad @$$ rider I have seen them win. BUt I still love the old 2strokes and I miss my old TECATE4

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Well as you remember during their time the were the fastest around now a days there is no competition I agree.

Todays 450s wax the old 250s. A few guys around here race the 250s and they hardly ever win. Only if its a bad @$$ bike with a bad @$$ rider I have seen them win. BUt I still love the old 2strokes and I miss my old TECATE4

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, just bought an 89' TRX 250R. The brake rotors need replacing and from what I can understand the 89' rotors are the same as the 400EX. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, are the wheel hubs the same as the 400EX?

Thanks guys for any help you may offer!

Chris
Yes. They are the same. You can use those brake rotors on your 89' TRX. But I suggest that you should consider all your options before buying it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts