Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Perhaps you could help me...I am rebuilding the brakes on my 2002 300EX. I have removed all three calipers, dissassembled them, and cleaned all the pistons, seals, yada yada yada.

My first question is about bleeding the front brakes. Although it does not say explicitly in the manual to do so, the only way it makes sense to me is to bleed both calipers at the same time. When i say "same time" i mean exact same time. Is this correct?

My second question is if anyone had any reccomendations for securing the circular pad to the piston? (not the brake pad but the pad that attaches to the piston and is in between the brake pad and the piston. I was thinking of just using super glue.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
My first question is about bleeding the front brakes. Although it does not say explicitly in the manual to do so, the only way it makes sense to me is to bleed both calipers at the same time. When i say "same time" i mean exact same time. Is this correct?
I always bleed one caliper at a time, starting with the left one.

My second question is if anyone had any reccomendations for securing the circular pad to the piston? (not the brake pad but the pad that attaches to the piston and is in between the brake pad and the piston. I was thinking of just using super glue.
I'll let someone else answer this question, because I'm not sure what you're talking about, but you shouldn't have to glue anything to the piston.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts