Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the rear hand and foot brake cables for my '88 Foreman 350. Just want to make sure that these are just rusted really bad and there's no locking nut or anything before I attempt to replace them...

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
Welcome to the site Mossyman , when I click your pics they come out so small I can't see anything in them , must be the format you used -----

you can sometimes save cables with a cable luber , the luber and a can of spray would cost you about $20 , cables are cheap enough to just go ahead and replace them , but it takes time to do so , if you don't free the cable up with the luber it is not a lost to have bought it as you can grease your cables periodically and they will last longer and give smoother operation

also look and see if your brake foot pedal and brake arm on the backing plate are sticking and cause the cable to be tight

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
as fish said ^^^, it's easier to replace them. if you are hurting for cash ?, cut the outer sleeve/rubber away from the ends, clean the cable up, lube, and maybe they will work for a bit longer ?. once they rust ?, mud ?, dirt ? gets in the cable ?, they go down hill fast. I've saved many of them, but it's not worth it in the long run or time to do this. it's easier, faster to replace them..IF YOU CAN GET THEM !..LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts