Congratulations on the purchase and I will share with you my way of doing a break in. I’m confident there are many different theories out there, i.e., drive it like you sold it, etc., but I’m not that guy. However, you do have a Honda, so chances are you can’t screw this up, LOL.
1. Strongly suggest looking at the owner’s manual for details.
2. Personally, I consider the first 100 miles/20 hours as the “break in” period.
3. You will need to change the oil at 100 miles or 20 hours whichever comes first, but that may vary for a Rincon, but stated in my Foreman/Rancher units.
4. Over the course of 100 miles, I would vary the throttle (speed traveling) as much as possible making it shift through all the gears.
5. I would avoid wide open until after the break in period.