Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Rancher 350 2wd. It starts and idles with no problem. When I shift into 1st, it runs well for a minute or so, and then runs roughly and bogs down like it is starved for fuel. If I shift into the higher gears, it seems to run more smoothly, but still bogs down. If I let off the throttle, it runs smoothly again, but then bogs down. It's a lot like when there is water in the fuel, where the engine rpm fluctuates from high to low repeatedly. I drained the fuel tank, and added new gas, but it still has the same problem. Also, on the carb there are three lines (I assume vent or vacuum). One of the lines is broken, but I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
when it bogs down, try opening the gas cap, and listen to see if you hear air rushing out, you might have a blocked vent and making Vapor loc on you too?
cleaning a carb isn't so hard or bad
if you clean the carb, you MIGHT also want to do your self a favor, remove tank and clean that too, dirt came from some where, if its in your tank, and you clean carb, you can be right back to square one again LOL but that all comes down to how often this atv sits and quality of fuel you use?? atv's that sit a lot, fuel goes bad and carb's can get bad from that as to dirty fuel

but?? never know<
you , can also, drain tank thru pea cock (remove fuel line to carb) and then blow out tank with air, to get anything out that way and have a good look inside, and see if its dirty or clean before doing the carb! if its a dirty tank, maybe replace fuel line from tank to carb after cleaning tank too
fuel line is cheap
just food for thought here for you ??

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
clean carb. and make sure fuel is reaching, and filling the carb !. can ya post a pic of the lines you mentioned ?. if it's the air cut-off line ?, it won't run very good..lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts