Honda ATV Forum banner

Blue Honda fourtraxs

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Macarena Man 
A widow at our church has a 350D in blue. I've seen it from a distance, and it looked to be in excellent shape. I've been thinking about asking her if I can look it over, just for the fun of it. Maybe now, that a photo of it could be in order, I've got enough reason to ask her. Problem is, if it is in the shape that I think it is, I'm gonna want it... knowing her, she'd want $6000 for it...

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

The more I've thought about it, the more I've gotten intrigued. I may call her tomorrow, and see if there's a time I can come by and look at it/get a photo or two. If I have to suffer, I'll post the photos for you guys to suffer, too.

I called the lady- Helen- and talked to her. She bought it new in 87. It is in overall very good shape, but it hasn't been serviced in a while. She is going out of state for about a week and a half, so I brought it home to work on. It'll give me a chance to go over it, and the opportunity to learn more about the 350D. I'm looking forward to it.

I called the lady- Helen- and talked to her. She bought it new in 87. It is in overall very good shape, but it hasn't been serviced in a while. She is going out of state for about a week and a half, so I brought it home to work on. It'll give me a chance to go over it, and the opportunity to learn more about the 350D. I'm looking forward to it.

Damn that thing is in extremely good shape. Hopefully the motor is the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It seems to be. Pulls good, idles good, no chain noise. Only thing I've noticed is that the starter is noisy.

Damn that thing is in extremely good shape. Hopefully the motor is the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It seems to be. Pulls good, idles good, no chain noise. Only thing I've noticed is that the starter is noisy.
Spent a little bit of time on it this morning. I like it- it drives/rides different than my 300, and I like it. The slightly bigger engine pulls great, but I did notice that either the centrifugal or the manual clutches are slipping, slightly. I'll adjust the mechanical clutches, but I think it could be in the centrifugal. Helen lets all of her grandkids drive it, and I bet that it has suffered from improper use.
The air filter is original, and while still pretty clean, the foam sleeve is falling apart. Also, the oil temp light comes on when started, even when dead cold. She had mentioned that, so I'll look into the temp sending unit.
Otherwise, the machine is tight, strong, and impressive. Honda did a good job.

Spent a little bit of time on it this morning. I like it- it drives/rides different than my 300, and I like it. The slightly bigger engine pulls great, but I did notice that either the centrifugal or the manual clutches are slipping, slightly. I'll adjust the mechanical clutches, but I think it could be in the centrifugal. Helen lets all of her grandkids drive it, and I bet that it has suffered from improper use.
The air filter is original, and while still pretty clean, the foam sleeve is falling apart. Also, the oil temp light comes on when started, even when dead cold. She had mentioned that, so I'll look into the temp sending unit.
Otherwise, the machine is tight, strong, and impressive. Honda did a good job.
the oil light comes on, for all Honda atvs when you first turn the key on, and crank it, then they should go out in a couple secs.
I know. This isn't the case. Cold engine, light comes on and fan runs. Sometimes, I can cut it off and turn it back on, and both stay off. Sometimes, the light stays off, but the fan runs. The engine is definitely not running hot, the oil is good, and it is intermittent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.