Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a new to me project, 93 Fourtrax 350 4x4. It’s been rolled a few times, doesn’t run but turns over and has good compression .

Attachments

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Nice, I'm sure it will clean up. Looks like it has newer wheels on it, maybe Foreman wheels. Definately a 93, that robin egg blue (actually called Zenith Blue) was the only colour offered that year, it would have been the last year for the 350's. If you are ordering any parts online for it, they will be the same as the 89 model in the US. The 350's were not sold after 89 in the US.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know, thanks. Ya it’s got issues, but that’s half the fun. Gonna start by taking all the racks and plastic off...then make it run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What’s the best way to wash the nasty out of the gas tank, tanks off and drained but has like a molasses’s build up in it

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I've used varsol in the past for cleaning most of my stuff up in the past...

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
Rust in the tank can be fixed by taking the tank off, plugging all holes and filling it with vinegar. The rust will loosen and can be removed. I filled my tank with BBs and vinegar, wrapped in a box with plenty of bubble wrap and tumbled it in my cement mixer for 3 hours.

3 lbs of BBs and filled it with 2 gals Walmart vinegar
Let it sit a couple hours and shook the BBs around til I got tired of doing it thataway
Bubble wrapped and put in cardboard box
Tightly secured in my little cement mixer and spun three hours
Mixed a solution using some hot tub pH chemical (cuz rust can't happen when pH is high)
Drained out vinegar and put in high pH rinsate
Dried with my heat gun--not too hot or you'll scorch the paint
Looks like New in there
I didn't coat my tank and frankly didn't need it I keep the tank full and no rust in there

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Fish , it looks to me like it's bent, had to be one HECK of a hit to fold that .......

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Got a question, was she already rolled when you came up on her ? Just curious........

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
With that kind of damage to the axle tube , that bike took a terrific flip and must have been a high speed flip at that or down the side of a mountain ------- I think I would look close at the diff housing for cracks , and check for bends on the axle , the frame , front end , steering shaft and the whole bike before getting into it too deep

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I agree I'd check her out real good^^^^^^ I've seen some thrown off a trailer that looked pretty rough, I'd be willing to say maybe thrown off a trailer ? Before the OP got holt of it....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ya it was an insurance salvage...can’t go wrong for $300. Rear axle shaft is broken(where the tube is bent), left rear axle tube is bent, rear brake seized, handle bars bent, front swing arm bent, 3 of 4 rims bent(probably all bent)....but it runs great

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
That was one hell of a wreck or what ever it was ------ I don't guess you know what kind of accident it was in or you would have mentioned it . I sure would like to know , I figure it would have to have dropped a hundred or more feet off a cliff , went out of control at 50 mph and started flipping or have fallen off a trailer onto the highway-------- a couple of years back a friend got a 350 that was in an accident on the street right by my house , at night the guy was cruising high speed on the back top , the bike in front stopped with no lights , he hit the corner of the bike and flipped it over and into a ditch , my buddy bought it from his neighbor and changed all kind of parts and still the steering pulled so bad that you couldn't ride it without constantly trying to turn the opposite way , we figure the frame had a twist in it -----so be careful getting into it financially , especially since it can be hard and or costly to find parts for that one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This isn’t my first rodeo, the first wrecked 350 I built was actually rolled in a ball(racks smashed off, rear axle bent in a U, plastics smashed off...but it ran good) It was rolled down a clear cut and hit three or four stumps on the way down. I will agree with you guys about BlueBall probably fell off a trailer at speed as there is no dirt or mud or sticks rammed into odd places. And the best thing about the 350 are the size and lots of people don’t won’t to fix old quads so there are a few backyard jewels out there for parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts