Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to replace head gaskets now im setting the timing
the service manual say to line up the t mark on the fly wheel with the notch in the cranke case is this done from the top looking down or from the bottom looking up the repair manual is confusing and the way the book say ny bike will crank but wont start.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
You should be looking straight at it from the side of the engine.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I'm not too familiar with a Rincon. Maybe someone else will be able to tell you.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
doesn't really matter what bike it is..as long as he see's..and sets the timming mark on the fly wheel with the mark on the case..and lines up the timming chain cam marks on the rocker box..just make sure your piston is top dead center..setting the cam chain sprocket with punch marks..if your piston is top dead center..and your cam lobes are facing straight down..then your good to go..oh..make sure you pour some motor oil..in the cam lobe pocket for inital start up < easier on cam lobes this way >..or you can grease the cam lobes if you want :)..hope this helps ya.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
If you don't use oil to lube the cam, use assembly lube instead of regular grease. Regular grease don't dissolve in oil too good.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
correct helmut..i should of stated lightly grease the cam lobes..my bad..damn..off to the time out corner !..<sigh>..lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts