Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive got an 07 rancher 420 4x4 and was wondering how big a tire I can fit on my stock rims without lifting it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
27 inch tires is as tall as you can go before you start rubbing. im sure there are some 28 inch tires that would fit, but they probably do not measure true to size.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Ive been looking at the vampires. To me instead of putting fancy rims on my machine, Id rather od green the stock ones.

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
I don't know what to say about Vampires. They pull good in mud. They are low cost. They are tough. They are fairly light for a mud tire. But the sizing is fubar on the ones I had. My 27x12-12 measured 28" tall at 5psi. The 27x10-12 measured 25.5" at 15psi. This is on Honda stock wheels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had 27" mega mayhems on mine with no lift and no problems. I since put a 2" lift on but not to fit the tires. I have 11" wide all the way around too.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have 28-10-12 zillas on aftermarket rims and they dont rub, measure true 28" at 10psi

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not sure, seriously doubt you can find a 28 that will fit on the 11" stock rears.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Let me rephrase that. what i meant to say was - if you were to take a stock rear rim (say off a rubicon) with the stock offset 3+4. would the 28 inch tire rub vs. the aftermarket rear rims you have in the 2+5 rears and 5+2 fronts. they do stick out about an inch further vs stock....which seems like would give you more clearance for a 28 inch tire without a lift.

·
Registered
862 Posts
They would be close, actually the offset gives you clearance at the shocks but it creates less at the fenders, I don't think I could clear 12" wide rears without rubbing, and mine is IRS so it's actually 2+5 all the way around. On a SRA the rear shouldn't ever be much of a problem unless you just go too big, not sure what would clear on the front on stock rims. I know my friends 500 Polaris has to have spacers to use much of anything but a stock tire on the front.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really... A two inch lift? And u almost rub. Where in the front or back? And how 2ide are they?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Honda Rancher AT/ES. What type of tire would you recommend? I want them to not shake when I'm riding, and they need to be a good trail/mud tire. Also need to be able to fit on a 14" wheel if possible.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have a 2014 Honda Rancher AT/ES. What type of tire would you recommend? I want them to not shake when I'm riding, and they need to be a good trail/mud tire. Also need to be able to fit on a 14" wheel if possible.
What size are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
I wouldn't go bigger than a 26 on an AT. I bought a set of 26x10 Mudbugs for my 2010 420AT, but it's in pieces so I haven't run them yet.

I'm going to put the foot shift gear reduction on mine. If you're running stock gears in that AT I wouldn't go over a 25. They are geared very high in stock form.

·
Registered
217 Posts
GBC Grim Reaper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys i have a 2012 honda 420 rancher irs and i was just thinking about buying a two inch lift kit and i was wondering if a 29.5 outlaw would fit on it

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
You won't have the gears to turn those even if they do fit. Someone above said they were almost rubbing with 27's and a two inch lift, but I know 26's are fine with no lift. I'd guess no 29.5's unless you want to do some trimming.

Again, at AT isn't going to turn 29.5's without a big gear reduction, so keep that in mind before you drop $$$$ on tires.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts