Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!, anyone know why my 1984 big red goes through so many spark plugs, I’ve chased problems on this unit many times only to figure out in the end to just change the spark plug and she’s fine, what’s killing my plugs? She’ll start missing , then a little more , and a little more and then can’t keep it running, change the plug and she’s fine again for a couple months. Using NGK DR8ES-L

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have any pictures of the plugs you're willing to share? Any mods done like a Chinese carb?
It's possible your coil is getting weak but that's down on the list of probabilities.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Raise the clip to the top groove on the needle. The needle and jet wear and make it rich in the mid range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raise the clip to the top groove on the needle. The needle and jet wear and make it rich in the mid range.
Thanks !, I raised the clip and she does run better, it use to have a slight stutter every time you pushed the throttle , could never figure it out but now that’s gone ! I’ll know in a month or so if she’s gonna foul the plug again but I have high hopes ! Thanks for the help !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts