Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i got caught in some deep tire tracks on a local trail and when i finally got out, i hit a tree :wacko:. i wasnt going fast, but fast enough to do this and not cause myself a scratch. i guess i caught it at the wrong angle. i removed most of the front end plastics, but im not sure how to re align the racks. any ideas?

nothing broken, but as you can see, the yellow trim around the ignition is misplaced. also, if you look closely, the bracket on the top left of the rack has moved about a 1/2 inch. still drives perfect, and i don't care if the racks stay bent, but the plastic trim does not fit right and i would like to do what i can to get it back to normal. any help is appreciated.

stay safe!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Just poke around and figure out what is bent. If there is some metal bent, then use a 2x4 to protect the metal and hit it with a hammer. Try to bring it back to where the plastics will line up. Stuff happens, and you just have to straighten it out if you can.

I haved used a crow bar protected with a plank of wood to pry and straighten racks. Take your time and figure it out.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I agree with Pain. Take your time and look it over good to see what all is bent. The front bumper is likely pushed in some too.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
To be honest, it's hard to get racks bent back right. You might be able to get them close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts