Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 TRX 500 Rubicon and i am trying to change the front bearing. I can't seem to remove the bottom a-arm. I was wondering if there was an easier way of doing it. Thanks

Carrie

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Send a pic of the lower suspension and I may be able to help....Typically a ball joint fork works if you dont have one just smack where the ball joint shaft goes into the hub assemblywith a heavy hammer, it should pop right out. does on cars and golf carts, I haven't tried it on an ATV yet.

·
Registered
391 Posts
IF it is a typical dual A-arm setup (im not firmiliar with that quad) u can look on the spindle where the baljoint connects to the A-arm loosen that bolt and u will notice that the bracket wich the bolt u just loosened passes thru has a slit through it ( on the spindle not the A-Arm),then take a decent sised chisel (Or thick screwdriver) and seperate that balljoint housing slightlymaby 1/8th inch more than it already is, after doing this Do just as TRX2fiveO said and hit it with a decent sized hammer ( i suggest puting a block of wood between the A-Arm and the Floor so that the ATV doesent fall to the ground) GL and let me know if this works, But as said before pic's would help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts