Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m buying bearings for my 98 300fw and the kit I’ve seen says 98-2000 and has two reviews that both say the kit didn’t fit (both are owners of 97 models). Obviously i want the right set, so what changes were made for 98+?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I am assuming that it should be the same, but I don't know for sure. I would also get something a little more expensive. I think the quality might be a little better. Also have fun getting the pinion bearing out LOL.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Yes, that is the one. Those are usually are a pain to remove. It looks like you didn't break anything, so good job!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ain’t my first rodeo, but been enough years that i forgot the details. This one was fused in to the case well. It was OEM original. Lucky me! ;) .....but I’m 45 yrs old, own a torch, and have welded for decades. The pinion was at a disadvantage. :D. We will see if the bearing kit is right monday when it gets here.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Nice, I think you have nothing to worry about for the bearings, my guess is that they will press right in. ''Almost like they were made to fit'' is what my Grandpa would say

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The answer is yes there is a difference from 97 forward, and yes I have the wrong one....of course.

if you have a 97+ get the one i got with the large plate. Picture 1. If not get the other one seen below. Picture 2. Everything is different.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never in my entire life been more happy to not receive what was pictured in the auction. This is the correct set and it showed up today and it is as I said before picture number two which was not what was pictured in the auction. I did ask the seller to double check for me before sending but they did not reply so they didn’t acknowledge whether they did or this was a happy misfortune. It was one of the two however the correct kit has arrived. You’ll notice all the bearings that are larger are the same size and there is no large plate plus O-rings are included that is pic 2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts