Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a bearing carrier bad does anyone know where to get one for less than a $100.00found em new on ebay around that price.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
listing ended go figure i did find a boss carrier for 96.00 anyone have any input on them? i will post a picture of the aftermath, what happened was last week while riding the chain snapped so i replaced it along with the sprockets thought it was good but after tightening it twice then trying to limp it back we realized the bearings were shot you could see where they were busted so i hope a carrier will fix this....

·
Registered
37 Posts
A wise man once told me.... "Whats cheap is expensive, and what is expensive is cheap." As you get older (and the meaning behind this) is you realize if you try to go the cheap route...you are probably going to have to do it again...and it will cost you twice what it would have if you did it right the first time. Am I saying buy the most expensive?? NO... But its usually cheap for a reason...:stupid:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Buy an LoneStar billet berring carrier around $200 to 230 and no more problems till time for new bearings and thats not a problem just replace them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i just got mine today from east coast atv..103.50 shipped..good enough for me

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Buy the boss carrier.I have one in my 250x and have had no problems.A little clue you might have not known is that a 350x ATC uses the same carrier.Thats actually the one I'm using.Good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes the atc350x does use the same one for 86 but for 85 it says it is different maybe i am wrong, honestly i have thought about going with a 400 swingarm heard that the 250x and 300ex were known for carrier problems maybe i was told wrong....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
No you weren't told wrong.And they're chains seem to stretch too much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts