Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a question I've got an 03 recon (ok its little but i like it) anyway i needed a battery last year and cheaped out @ autozone $67.oo .are these batteries inferior/re-cycled/or just plain crap . the brand name on it is"magna power" the one the dealer recommends is $97 bucks. The current leakage checks out per the shop manual and the charging system as well.:mad:the original one was still in it 'till last year and then i dont even get a year out of a new one . something seems wrong . thanks in advance Gene.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Does it sit for long periods of time in between rides?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I buy the Yuasa(I think thats the name) ones at Walmart for about $45-$60 when I had to buy one.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Well In my opinion a battery is a battery. there are only two manufactuers, interstate and i think the other is douglas. either way the two companys produceupper and lower line batteries, I personally only use omtima gel batteries but I'm not sure if they make one for a motorcycle or ATV?? I Would go with any NAPA or even Wal-Mart battery as long as you have the properly rated battery who gives a poo where you got it. The plates and acid in a 100.00 battery are the same as a 50.00 battery, If you're into spending alot of money then get the most expensive. Just keep it full and top it off with Distilled water and get a charger with a Maintainer switch on it or trickle so you don't over-cook the battery. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts