Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the better one of the batteries to get for a 400EX? I was thinking of getting one of the Ever Starts at WalMart.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Hay Mud stick with the oem battery from honda and get you a battery tender and hook it up when your not riding your battery will last a long time, don't waste your money on cheap batteries they don't last.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I agree^^^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I have a OEM battery on mine and it has lasted me 3 years. I rarely use the battery tender on it. It has been a good battery. I will buy another one when time is up on that one.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Interstate produces 90% of batteries manufactured companies and factory spec batteries just put ther lables on them. I believe Douglas is the other. I sent an email to Optima to see if they manufacture a gel cell ATV battery. I run optima in my car and van as well as the boats best battery IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interstate produces 90% of batteries manufactured companies and factory spec batteries just put ther lables on them. I believe Douglas is the other. I sent an email to Optima to see if they manufacture a gel cell ATV battery. I run optima in my car and van as well as the boats best battery IMO.
My dad has the Optima in his boat. Did you hear any thing back from Optima on the ATV battery.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My 2005 foreman still has its stock battery. and we got it tested cuz the starter failed, and it still has spark to it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
u can get a uasa

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I use to make Optima Batteries. They have a manufacturing plant here in Aurora. FILTHY job. You would not believe how many of the batteries they make fail inspection and have to be destroyed. I don't see them making an ATV battery anytime soon. It is a Johnsons Control company. You would probably have better luck contacting them.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
red wat do u think of uasa

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I think you mean Yuasa, I've never tried one.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
i stick with OEM

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
yah mean that sorry an ok i got a walmart one it it works great had it for 3 years on it they guy we bout it from put it on in 08

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I contacted Optima they do not offer a battery for AtV or Motorcycles at this time sorry guys.

I use to make Optima Batteries. They have a manufacturing plant here in Aurora. FILTHY job. You would not believe how many of the batteries they make fail inspection and have to be destroyed. I don't see them making an ATV battery anytime soon. It is a Johnsons Control company. You would probably have better luck contacting them.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
LOL, yeah mud. That would work... Tantrums seem to get things done!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts