Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing work to my 08 420fe, ordered Oem clutches but they have not arrived and I am off for the weekend. If I go buy some Barnetts I can have the motor back in the frame this weekend. After ordering the open, since I have other parts coming, I questioned my choice of Oem, what do you prefer oem or Barnett?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
from what I've heard, Barnett is a good product.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I used Honda, Barnett, and KG clutch components back in my racing days. All were of equal quality and longetivity.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Barnett makes oem replacement and kevlar for racing. Any brand oem replacement will be almost identical. Its the materials they are made of that change the longevity. Some come with higher quality steels and stiffer springs also. Those make a huge difference aswell. My .02

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Ran Barnett in my Harleys. I've never seen a difference from cheap caltric discs in Honda atv's to Barnett in the Harleys. with a very extensive amount of ride time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I ran Barnett in all my Harley's with great results, I have to wait for my partzilla order with the Orem disks as I see I need to change my shift arm seal before putting the cover on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts