• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barn Find: Value needed for almost mint 1987 TRX250 Fourtrax:

This 1987 TRX250 Fourtrax is in a barn. It is nearly mint condition! I know the old man who bought it new. He used it to get his mail on his farm and thats all. Then in 1993 he got ill and never ran it again. His son started it a few times and ran it but thats about it. So he died and his nephew got it willed from the estate. Virtually not a scratch, runs perfect, everything works, has a crack in the bottom of the trunk bin. Tires still have the new tits on them. No fading, no vinyl cracks in the seat. There is a little spotty, hard to see rust on the handlebar chrome.

What is this worth, and is a "barn find" excellent ATV something to be preserved, or ridden?

I collect Mustangs and other vintage vehicles, but I don't know if people collect minty ATV's?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
worth anywhere from 1200 to 1500 iffffffff it's a good as you say ?.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Post some pics...I want to see what a mint 250 looks like.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I sold my 1984 TRX200 that had had the p*ss run out of it for $1200 It looked nice but it was a pretty well loved machine.

I would keep it and ride it normally, not hard but don't baby it. They're a tough bike.

X2 on the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
36,413 Posts
very nice !..easy 1500 or better !!..that model was my very first 4 wheeler to restore...sold it for 1500.. one day after being on CL's !..lol.

·
Registered
283 Posts
From what I have read, older atv's are not really a collector's item. I guess if you find that one person that really wants it for some reason, it might be worth $1200. Get it running and ride the piss out of it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If you want to sell it I'd put it up for 1800. IN my area a machine in that shape would go for that. It doesn't look like it's got more than a couple hundred Klicks on it.
If you keep it take care of that thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same model but a 1986...it has a gray seat instead of the black seat. It was kept at a summer home all its life,,hardly ridden at all. I had to replace the rear tires and battery..I paid $900.00 for it and I've been offered twice that amount. I don't plan to sell it,,I keep it at my cabin and it's a great little ATV.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Only if, i could make finds like that... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts