Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought it brand new for my son, when we got it, had know problems at all for about 4 months. He wanted larger tires but told him he would have to save up for them. He has had it in water but had stock tires. Never been flipped. Then one day he thought the ps wasn't working, sure enough it started throwing codes.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
well if your willing to TRY and solve issue yourself
I'd get(think you already have one) a service manual and start reading, and doing all electrical test of things I could do!

I would start with pulling electrical connections and cleaning and dialectical grease coating all CLEANED connections back together
water has a way of screwing with sensors and such
and any water deeper than say 8 inches is all that is needed(even less as it gets splashed about)
say a connection wasn't tight from new, water can get in and start issue's

most parts have tests you can check to rule them out
once done with that, then your back to swapping parts
but you can for sure save yourself a lot of labor costs at dealer by ruling out many things yourself!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
well if your willing to TRY and solve issue yourself
I'd get(think you already have one) a service manual and start reading, and doing all electrical test of things I could do!

I would start with pulling electrical connections and cleaning and dialectical grease coating all CLEANED connections back together
water has a way of screwing with sensors and such
and any water deeper than say 8 inches is all that is needed(even less as it gets splashed about)
say a connection wasn't tight from new, water can get in and start issue's

most parts have tests you can check to rule them out
once done with that, then your back to swapping parts
but you can for sure save yourself a lot of labor costs at dealer by ruling out many things yourself!
X2 see what you can do first here before going back to any dealer. If still no luck, do what mrbb mentioned before, go to a different dealer, mention to them your experience with the other dealer and how you are expecting a better and different experience with the new guys, ask if they can live up to that, and make sure they document a set limit for parts and labor you approve of before they actually do it. But hopefully it doesn't get to that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'll start over, appreciate all the input. I'll give a update when i find something out. Thanks again

·
Registered
734 Posts
I bought it brand new for my son, when we got it, had know problems at all for about 4 months. He wanted larger tires but told him he would have to save up for them. He has had it in water but had stock tires. Never been flipped. Then one day he thought the ps wasn't working, sure enough it started throwing codes.

The water was deep enough to get into either a switch or connection, how deep did he say the water was?

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
any chance you bought this from Memphis,tn ?..lol. seen an ad some one just sold this same atv, same prob's your saying..hmmmm..lol.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Yea do the work yourself. Dealers are crooks.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts