Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

yes that is right, the left rear wheel/tire fell off today. :( Thank go I was just riding around the house and was close enough to the garage. I lost 3 nuts, 3 washers and 2 bolts. The holes inlargened so much that the wheels are now useless. The twist to the story; I made a repair to my girlfriends' brother's quad and he was so happy that he gave me a new set of wheels and tires. Of course they wouldn't work on his quad (different bolt pattern size) so he had no use for them.

They are Realtor Pure Sport tires that measure out to 22x12-9 yet they are the same height as my 20x11-9 tires. Who cares, I got a free set of wheels and tires and I don't have to spend $170 on them! :D

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Well atleast you got a backup set.... Try tightening them up this time. LOL be careful

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were tight. There was so much slop in the mounting holes that they worked themselves free. This time I'm using locking nuts.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
You tightened them too much? lmao......

Man that sucks. Nice back-up tires though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will hopefully be getting them mounted up later on today. I might take it out for a little after that. I got a new airbox in yesterday, one with a lid and that is not cracked. lol

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Your riding a modified quad with the airbox lid on? Aren't you starving for fuel in top gears at WOT?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right now there is no lid on it, hence why I got it, plus my box is cracked. I just didn't want water and whatnot to get in there while out riding. I tend to cross small streams when out in the woods.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
gotcha but there is a drain cup on the bottom I think mine just has the drain hole

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those tires ROCK! They are not that great on the hard packed stuff, but the loose stuff...... HOLY [email protected]! There was a lot of corners taken where the front tires were being lifted and the whole atv was being pushed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts