Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it going everyone? My 2000 Honda Foreman 450S makes a small clicking(popping) sound when I turn hard right at low speed. Is this meaning I need to replace the front right side axle? Right side if your sitting on the seat.

I don't hear it if i'm turning left just when I turn right. I'm assuming you cant replace the u-joints? I don't know to be honest.

Also should I replace both axles at the same time or would I be ok just to do the popping side? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
its could be a ball joint/tie rod and not your axle
could also be very bad wheel bearings on that side, or a loose shock?
I would check these things first, jack up front of atv and spin tires
and listen and see whats making the sound
IF its your axle its more likely your CV joint, and yes you can replace just a half shaft and NOT need the whole axle
also check to make ysure your wheel is good and lug nuts tight, a loose lug nut can click too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will jack the front end up and look at those other things to see whats up. I just got off work a couple of hours ago and have been in the garden since so i'm not feeling it tonight lol.

If I can't find anything from turning the wheel I will be back for more advice.
Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
00Foreman450SnTN
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing