Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 08 TRX 400 and yesterday I was riding and it was fine i loaded it up and got home and now my back brake isnt working. When I press if it just goes all the way down like its dead but if i pump it it starts to work, i have fluid so what could it be? Anyone?:confused:

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. If it's full on fluid and not leaking anywhere, you could try bleeding the brakes. They may have gotten air in them, although I don't know what would have caused it all at once like that.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Agreed^^^ Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Ok now that I actually went out and looked at my quad lol (call me dumb:icon_ poke:) I found out that my skid plate is gone and that my rotor is bent really bad and wore my brake pad down so much that its basically not there lol so i need a new rotor and Brake pads so if anyone has either of these please let me know i will post in the classifieds thanks guys

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yep, that will do it every time.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
i was gonna ask..but..you answered it for me..have you checked the brake pads ?..lmfao..problem solved...other than the fact that you need a new rotor and brake pads, and a skid plate !..lol..welcome to the forums !

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
That sucks!!!! Try alittle locktight the next time. I believe the blue is not as strong as the red stuff. I lost mine once in the yard and I used locktight and have had no issues with it since.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yep, use the blue locktite. The red will be too hard to get back off. The red is considered permanent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts