Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When puttering around the field checking cattle the Rancher does fine on level ground, however, if you start up a little grade and apply throttle it acts as if it is in high gear and just bogs down with no downshift. If you come to stop you can hear the EMC whirl and then you can go and seems to work okay until you want to putter around again. Problem seems to occur at slow speeds. The unit had went down and wouldn't do anything except in ESP. Replace angle sensor and reprogramed. There doesn't seem to be any problem codes coming up just wont opperate at low speed. I saw a service bulliten on '04' that had to do with the EMC being programed wrong, I hope that is not what this is. Have an '04' Rubicon with I think the same tranny but it works great. Any help will be appreiciated!!!
Thanks,
JCollins

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Yeah, there was a service bulletin for an updated ECM for the '04, but as I understand it, a lot of the problems ended up being an issue with the centrifugal clutch slipping causing the ATV to think it needed to shift into a higher gear instead of downshifting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, Helmut. Your response makes a lot of sense, I'll be checking that out. Thanks Again!!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
You're welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts