Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a TV lift table that I can use to work on for Willers I have a bad back and it's killing me doing everything on the ground I'm trying to spend around 500 or less maybe little more depending on condition I live in acworth GA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
for 500 or so ?, your looking at a harbor freight lift. butttt !!. you will need to add side extensions to them, as most are not wide enough for some models. they are a pump up kind. other models from other places are pump and air operated, but they won't be 500 bucks..lol. I am 52, and I have a bad leg, I bought a craftsman atv lift from sears a few years ago for around 100 bucks, works very well for me. I plop my old butt down in my roll around craftsman seat when working for a long time, as I can't be standing long..lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I agree good lifts won't be cheap, and 500 doesn't get much in quality
it sucks but ?? nothing is cheap anymore

I have a very bad back, and what I have done is make a stand out of cinderblocks, and then run some 2x12'x across between them and use my ramps to drive up on top, I can place a jack under things by running a board across where ever needed to remove tires and such and do work
I find doing a lot of things to be easier to stand the atv on its tail and then work on it standing up
I find this pretty easy to do, either by hoisting the front end up to lift, or again driving front wheels up on something and that takes a major amount of lift required for me to just lift it up myself!
cheaper than a lift , and can you done without killing your back

just giving you idea's maybe, as I know you want a lift!, but maybe you can get by this way too?
and save a few bucks in the process?

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
This is a modified Harbor Freight (Princess Auto in Canada) motorcycle lift table.
It works very well in this configuration. If you do decide to get one of these base models, replace the bolts and fasteners with Grade 5/8 hardware. Make sure that it has been 'squared-up' .... and add the needed spacers on the pivot shafts. This will 'tighten it up' quite nicely. It might not be in your budget at the moment, but it will more than pay for itself in the future.
Good luck to you ...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
This is a modified Harbor Freight (Princess Auto in Canada) motorcycle lift table.
It works very well in this configuration. If you do decide to get one of these base models, replace the bolts and fasteners with Grade 5/8 hardware. Make sure that it has been 'squared-up' .... and add the needed spacers on the pivot shafts. This will 'tighten it up' quite nicely. It might not be in your budget at the moment, but it will more than pay for itself in the future.
Good luck to you ...
something is missing from these pic's ???..OH CRAP..THE DANG FLOOR IS TOO FREAKING CLEAN, I CAN'T SEE A DANG THING, BECAUSE I AM BLINDED BY THAT SHINNY FLOOR !!..LMFAOOOOO. ( still a nice lift ! ). I don't have that kinda room in my shop ?, but my little ole craftsman atv lift works great for me :).

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
That's a great deal! I paid more for my handy lift and it was used.

I would try and find out the specs on the cylinder, weight rating, etc. if that all checks out and isn't china made parts I would say it should last you just as long as my handy lift.

once you have one, you will never work without it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
That's a great deal! I paid more for my handy lift and it was used.

I would try and find out the specs on the cylinder, weight rating, etc. if that all checks out and isn't china made parts I would say it should last you just as long as my handy lift.

once you have one, you will never work without it.
It is almost certainly made in china. I've found that china does make some ok stuff sometimes.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
true! I have literally broke twice as many snap on sockets as I have Pittsburgh brand from harbor freight.

oh the irony.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts