Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the hunting land the other day and had to do a small water crossing maybe 1-2 feet. The other atv's I was with went fine and soon as I got in the deepest part the engine cut off. It wouldn't crank up for about 10-15 min. Then I had to cross it again and this time it made it almost all the way out and then cut off but cranked right back up. I am thinking that the electrical under the rear fender is getting water in it some how. Shouldn't those be water tight? What could I do to fix that? I was thinking of getting the new spray one duct tape and spray the connectors for a easy fix but I would like to do it right the first time.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Just put dielectric grease on all the electrical connections including around the sparkplug boot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question

Do I just put it around the electrical connections or actually unplug then and put it in the connections then fasten it back ?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
but I don't want to put it in the spark plug gap correct?
Pull the sparkplug boot off the sparkplug and put some inside the boot. It probably wouldn't hurt to unscrew the boot from the wire and put some in that end of the boot too.

Unplug all electrical connections and put it on the connections and plug them back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts