Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Building a Honda ATC200X again. (trying to build this one for free too, we will see)

200x trikes are junk, 100% honda garbage by now. I needed a chain guide for swing arm so I designed one. Made 7, sold 6 off...mine was free.

1st gen axles are, junk. They were less then perfect when new. There are 250r swaps that bolt in but do no fix some of my biggest issues (huge rotor, skinny bearins, massive sprokets)

So I took the dual row bearings out of one of my many 300ex carriers, played the math game (Not the 1st time ive put a 300ex axle in a 200x swingarm)...now we have 300ex in a 200x perfectly centered. I need to turn bearing seal weld in extensions. The chain alignment I already figured out, and caliper will be yz426f front caliper with atc250r rear rotor and hub. Pretty much all bolts on.

N joy

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Gusseting the frame where they break. I ordered material to turn new carrier and bearing spacer. Picking up a crap load of powder coated parts tonight after work for it to start designing the new rear end.

I have a NOS (new old stock) front fork assembly in the Honda box yet...up in my loft. I am thinking CRF230 motor in this jobber. No rush however.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
New bearing carrier spacers made (the part between each bearing) The 300ex dual row one from lonestar was 1mm too short so I need to make a new one. A local guy I met from selling stuff saw my idea and and is buying 3 of everything I make. Way more cooler stuff to follow. This is a rather simple example of using math and a digital caliper, however it. Since Metric system is SOOOOO much easier then English everything is normal to a whole or 1/2 or 1/4 of a whole number.

We later have a YZ426F front caliper off a dirtbike coming into the mix and a 1985 ATC250r rear rotor and brake hub which is a bolt on to about any Honda atv / atc axle. There is a reason I use those front calipers.

1 they are nearly the same bolt spacing as 85-89 ATC/TRX25R.
2 they are dual piston.
3 the pistons are phenolic and will not rust unlike the old style pistons.
4 they are dirt cheap and I can sell a junk non working ATC caliper for way to much to upgrade to something better.
5 I use these on my the rears of all my
Grille Light Automotive design Automotive tire Output device
Automotive tire Cylinder Wood Gas Engineering

This might help someone out in the future.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the swingarm bearing carriers weld on extensions seal spacers. I have 3 sets sold. Formyself I took my mom's creativity with my dad's analtivity and just made myself a new on with .25" wall at its thickest point. The weld on spacers are for people who do not want to cut the swingarm appart...well I am because I'm pushing the envolope farther.

Pricing is not bad, 3 people didn't bitch about it, because they did not have the knowledge to figure this out...aka engineering fee.

Next comes my new 300ex axle, you really think I'll trust a 20-30yo old axle off a $300 atv lol...not worth it in my mind.

Cool stuff to follow over next few weeks. Have down time due to having a portion of my big toenail removed which was on the verge of ingrown.

Oldskool - out

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the new conversion carrier to run dual row 300ex bearings and seals. I will be removing the stock one and possibly adding 1inch of length to the stock swing-arm with lazer cut extension...this is not anything new to me. I've done this on other machines.
Hand Drinkware Automotive tire Cup Finger

Office supplies Table Gadget Material property Gas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts