Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

I've got a family "heirloom" ATC that I first drove when I was something like 6 or 7 years old back in the early 90s. 1984 ATC200ES Big Red. It has been poorly stored for most of the last 15 years, and now I'm trying to get it back to reliable condition. It ran and pulled itself when I brought it home earlier this summer. The first step in the process is de-rusting and resealing the fuel tank. That much I'm already working on.

The two big issues I'm going to run into are going to be the fork and the seat. It needs a new seat cover, and probably a new pad too. I'm thinking about sending what I have out to Corbin for them to recover. The fork is another story. I have 2: one is seized, and one is being held together by a ratchet strap. I would really like to get one of them rebuilt and functional, but I don't know where to look for parts. Any help there will be most appreciated.

Hope I can help others as much as I can.

11BravoCrunchie

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I’m not sure where you’re at, but I’ve found folks around here in NY that make seat covers for a lot of machines. Usually they cost about $75. The foam you may be able to get at a craft or fabric store, or possibly a local upholstery shop. maybe cheaper than Corbin. As for the forks, try eBay, Craigslist, or other online sources for either NOS (new old stock) parts or possibly some decent used forks. You may even get lucky and be able to find the parts you need at Rocky Mountain. It appears that they have a lot of the fork parts still available for the 200es.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've looked at eBay. They only had one fork listed, and it was a solid fork. My machine had shocks from the factory, and I'd like to restore that functionality.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
So here is what I’ve found for you. You will need to do more research to confirm and make decisions. The 200es front shocks are not rebuildable. The old 200M forks and shocks are and the entire front end should bolt up to the steering stem on the ES. It will not have the mounting tabs for the rack though. When doing an eBay search, if you only search for the forks, you may only find the upper portion of them, not the entire setup. Look for the front shocks in your search also. I did see a seat cover for about $25 on eBay. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts