Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
question for mud avoiders- why not drive a golf cart instead?
well I need 4x4 to plow snow, pull heavy loads up slight grades, pull farm tools about and so on, so a golf cart wouldn't cut it
4x4 isn't just for mud you know??
and atv ain't meant for swimming holes either
yet doesn't seem to stop many!
what and how you ride your atv is fine with me, just don't be ignorant of other reasons folks don't do what you do!
we all enjoy atv's here,and that's how it should be
if all atv's were only used for one thing, they would never advance into what they are now

so you folks that want to play in the mud and deep water, kep going at it
your breaking parts, leads to OEm and after market folks to make better one 's
LOL
I did my part on spending money fixing weak links, its the next generations turn now IMO ! LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
There are many other uses for a quad ......
Golf cart couldn't pack moose/elk quarters, pack mining equipment into the back country 40 miles, round-up the beef, stretch barbed wire, etc., etc. ....

Just guessing here ....... there's nowhere to ride where you live .... thus, mud holes are what folks do with their quads ..... ?
ive got tons of miles of forestry trails to ride but slingin mud sure is fun

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
that ^ ones 2wd
Different ATVs have different purposes. Bring your mud bogging ATVs out to the dunes, drags, or track and try to keep up with me :) It won't happen, just like mine doesn't go in the mud all that often.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
To me the mud thing is like its on entity in the four wheeling world. I really like to watch these guys do there thing. Me personally, I like to pack my tent and maybe my fishing rod and make a weekend out of camping/ riding, and enjoying the trails. If need be, some mud included!!:laugh::)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
YES YES YES Agreed 100% Whats the point of 4wd if you're not going to use it!
I don't own a Golf cart because unlike you and your friend here I work my machine and I work it hard, I have never seen a golf cart that could ever work as hard as my machine does and if you would open up your mind and see that an ATV is not just for fun you may be able to see the other side of this thread. In my opinion if your machine never get's worked it hasn't ever been needed so what's the point in owning it. Really, it's meant to do work and playing in the mud is not work :r_c:.

Also my machine is 4wd and diff lock and both get used all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
In my opinion if your machine never get's worked it hasn't ever been needed so what's the point in owning it. Really, it's meant to do work and playing in the mud is not work :r_c:.
im not against anyone that doesnt have fun on their atv. but they are RECREATIONAL vehicles. recreation is why i own mine. trucks are work vehicles. atvs are not meant for work, they are meant for riding

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
In my opinion if your machine never get's worked it hasn't ever been needed so what's the point in owning it. Really, it's meant to do work and playing in the mud is not work :r_c:.
im not against anyone that doesnt have fun on their atv. but they are RECREATIONAL vehicles. recreation is why i own mine. trucks are work vehicles. atvs are not meant for work, they are meant for riding
To each their own, there are those that would disagree, myself included.

·
Registered
418 Posts
All terrain vehicle. Water is kind of terrain. Or it has terrain under it.

It depends on it I feel like cleaning up.

Thank you! Water and mud ARE terrains!!
All atvs have a purpose and part of mine is mud.
My opinion. Nuff said.

I do prefer water ridin over mud though.
I prefer mud. But i have never been water riding. I got a 85 250 2wd and I can get through a lot of what the bigger quads go through if I'm going fast enough.:laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
i'm with larryw on this. I will not go through it..unless I have no choice ?..orrr..it's not gonna sink me !..lol. yeah yeah..say what you want..but I know all too well..what it cost to repair these atvs !!!..I don't have daddy's money..or a large bank account !..lol..I barely get by..and what little money I do have ?..pays for more important things in life than buying new parts for my atv !..lol. soooooooooo..bottom line..to each their own..me ?..i'm gonna play it safe and cheap !..lol.
I'm with you on this one lol I also don't have tons of money to throw away at my atv repairs and i have had many bikes in my youth that i road thru mud and junk and know first hand what it can do to a hot engine and don't feel like destroying my motor or other parts just to have some fun in mud. If money was no object? Then hell yeah i would be in the mud every chance i got.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Atv's are not solely a recreational vehicle .... farmers, ranchers, miners, forestry workers, police, and many others use them for work.

Recreation is your use ......

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Agreed. Some of you guys for mudding are being kinda d*cks

They atv is for whatever the owner sees fit. That's sums up the OPs question.

41 - 60 of 149 Posts