Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add one to my bag for the ride and know nothing about them. What are differences in them? Are any more useful than others for any reason? What do you have? There are so many designs.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
They all basically do the same thing, I would just buy whatever you think seems to be the best. You want something rated for more weight than your winch can pull that's for sure. I feel like ones from big names like Warn, Superwinch, Ramsey Winch etc. will have a certain amount of liability behind the name, whether or not that makes them "superior" I don't know.

·
Registered
223 Posts
As long as you get a matched weight they all work. I like the one with a hook but make sure it can be taken off without unreaving the cable most split for cable removal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
all snatch blocks have ratings on what they can handle
some will swivel better than others too
which helps on how you can mount them, same with what type of hook they have , some are holed and most times you need a D ring like clevis to use, I prefer this set up!
for a LONG time m Tractor Supply Company, used to sell a awesome ATV winch kit, came with all sorts of things from tree saver straps, snatch block(10k rated too) gloves and and more stuff
a bag to hold all things in! but my local stores seem to have stopped carrying it, it was at about HALF the price of a like WARN or Superwinch bag, and even heavier duty than the warn one?

closest I can see in PRICE range now is this off E bay

ATV UTV Winch Accessory & Recovery Kit Smittybilt 2729

or cheaper yet Cabela's

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...20&gclid=COGi7ZvZ0NYCFUqiswod9bgDtQ&gclsrc=ds

BUT they still carry the super winch one

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/superwinch-atv-accessory-kit?cm_vc=-10005

they come in handy for atv's and I have no issue recommending one, you can always add a second snatch bolck if you like too, to get more options on crazy pulls
I carry two myself?

I have this one, bought it 20 yrs ago and still happy with it(looks just like the Cabela's one, just costs more LOL)

https://www.gowarn.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=WAR88915

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Cabelas locally and I like that one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
With snatch blocks I like a little (well a lot ) of over kill, as when push comes to pull we tend use what we have and if whatever is stuck we will use what ever we can lay our hands on (or borrow) to try to get it out! It's like garages/shops and trailers never large enough or carries enough weigh. We tell ourselves "just this time, it will work once"

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
With snatch blocks I like a little (well a lot ) of over kill, as when push comes to pull we tend use what we have and if whatever is stuck we will use what ever we can lay our hands on (or borrow) to try to get it out! It's like garages/shops and trailers never large enough or carries enough weigh. We tell ourselves "just this time, it will work once"
that was why I liked the one tractor supply co, stores was selling, everything in was way over kill for an atv LOL everything but price, was like 50 bucks and was rated on most things for a MIN of 10,000 lbs as to what most other ATV kits are for like 4500 lbs only?
and if you UP to a bigger size on other brands the price doubled or tripled
it was a steal of a deal, but sadly they apparently STOPPED selling em?
might want to check any local stores if you have any and see if they have any left?

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
that was why I liked the one tractor supply co, stores was selling, everything in was way over kill for an atv LOL everything but price, was like 50 bucks and was rated on most things for a MIN of 10,000 lbs as to what most other ATV kits are for like 4500 lbs only?
might want to check any local stores if you have any and see if they have any left?
Some of the atv snatch block specs seem a little confusing to me. I see a few rated at 9000lbs load, but others just say for a 4500-5000lbs winch, which I assume actually means 9000-10000lbs load, or does it?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Some of the atv snatch block specs seem a little confusing to me. I see a few rated at 9000lbs load, but others just say for a 4500-5000lbs winch, which I assume actually means 9000-10000lbs load, or does it?
I'm guessing there saying the 4500-5000 winch as when you use a snatch block you can double pulling, so the NEW rate will be a 10k pull or so, so??

But I have seen snatch blocks that say MAX rate of 4500 lbs and such too
when you get into the larger truck like one's they will say what they hold, 20-30-40k and the likes,
like all things in life, its better to have TOO much than NOT enough LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
I carry a snatch block on my ATV's, however I bought a 2017 honda rubicon and I can't for the life of me find somewhere on the ATV to connect the winch line too when I double back through the snatch block. Any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts