Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Snorkeling

I bought snorkle kits for both my 2014 Ranchers, if I had to do it again I would just buy parts from Home Depot and make it myself. Not that there is anything wrong with kits, it's just a real easy project.
I had to cut hole in fenders for the kit and it can be done without doing that by bringing pvc out the right side of body work through existing hole for a much cleaner look as well as NOT having to cut body work.
Also to answer question about why there is a vent hole on the fan motor? It acts as little vacuum pump to to blow away dirt and debris as well as aiding in cooling the fan fan motor. Actually a really good idea on Hondas part.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks, Slapp. I had no clue on that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes it did. I ran the rear brake, rear diff, front diff, fuel tank, & fan hose up to the center pod. Now why does the fan have a hose on it? I have no clue but I went ahead and extended it also. The fuel tank vent is actually plugged off from the factory and when you extend it out, if you don't plug it then it will leak fuel.

Is it me or does the 2014 gas tank breather hose go right back into the tank? Lol

I got 6 breather hoses ran and am sure non of them were from tank overflow.

On mine, for the gas tank- I don't know if it's a vent or overflow but there is a line coming out of the tank going to the right side of the frame about 6 in down from the top. There is a hole in the frame with a male solid plug protruding from there and that is where this line was ran too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So I stand corrected and I will say it when I'm not. The vent that I thought was for the fuel tank is actually the fuel pump breather line. That is what the 2014 Foreman manual calls it and it originally goes to a male plastic plug on the right side of the machine frame. That line I extended up with everything else when I did the snorkel.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts