Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I haven't used one but I wouldn't even consider it unless I had no other option.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply the reason I am considering it is because they make carburetor repair kits that are good quality, what else would you recommend and do you have a website to order from? Honda (in Canada any way) has discontinued cam chains so I can't get oem

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Moose has always made pretty good close to oem quality parts. Does wiseco make one for that quad? I know they make an hd chain for some quads and it is better then oem actually. My .02

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
@mac102004 is from your neck of the woods, he may know of a good source for quality parts. Moose parts I agree are okay, but if a cam chain goes wrong so does most of your engine. There are DID chains on eBayUK now for £42, may be worth a look, shipping may kill the price though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I looked at Wisco and unfortunately they don't make them, and can anyone provide me with a website or eBay link for the proper chain I'm not to keen on engine components it's a 1989 fourtrax 350 4x4

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
You can buy both OEM and DID cam chains for the 86 & up TRX350s on the fLeebay. DID are much cheaper in price than OEM... BUT, ya gotta watch out for sellers who are lying in their ads. Some of them are advertising that you'll be buying a DID chain, but they ship ONLY china made garbage chains that you can buy for $35 anywhere. Moose is selling the cheap china made chains too, buy OEM or DID only or you'll be sorry!

Have fun!

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Damn! That's some inflation in exchange you guys have there!

Just for future reference while we're on topic, I ordered a DID chain for my 300, it came with a quick link and on the link was stamped 'DID'. I'm not overly keen on quick links but DID is DID isn't it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts