Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow Totals:

New Snow 21-24"

Season Totals 674"

674/12 = 56 feet

Gentlemen,

This last storm is killin' me! The problem is the darn stuff is so heavy that my blower won't even lift it. It like 50# a shovel full. The machine just clogs the blower port in 10' of moving. I thought maybe my blower on the front of the yard tractor was dying, but my neighbor has the same problem with his Honda tracked walk-behind blower. What kind of snow is so heavy it just clogs? Plowing the stuff sideways is problematic, as the first 50 feet moved are sitting on top of the original 50'. I liked global warming more than global cooling, for sure.

In the meantime, anybody ever run into snow to heavy to blow? What do I do?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
yes we get WET very heavy snow here, almost like water
what we do is blow it a few times rather than waiting till its too deep, or take smaller bites and GO SLOW< not many options here, , OR buy a bigger machine more HP
a tractor with a front end loader
as for global warming, that's all I have had here this winter, piss poor snow falls , less than a fraction of normal snow last two yrs, above average highs temps for every DAY in Feb, but 5 days

SO< your sadly just in an area that is getting freaky snow this winter
it happens
but WOW< 50 ft is a LOT of snow
time to start digging tunnels maybe?? HAHA!

I sure how you started plowing/blowing snow a LOT wider than you needed at start of winter, or you should be way out of room for snow by now??

Post some pic's

I seen some of Northern CA where the ski resorts the lift chairs were under snow, TOO much snow to even run them< LOL

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Snow Totals:

New Snow 21-24"

Season Totals 674"

674/12 = 56 feet

Gentlemen,

This last storm is killin' me! The problem is the darn stuff is so heavy that my blower won't even lift it. It like 50# a shovel full. The machine just clogs the blower port in 10' of moving. I thought maybe my blower on the front of the yard tractor was dying, but my neighbor has the same problem with his Honda tracked walk-behind blower. What kind of snow is so heavy it just clogs? Plowing the stuff sideways is problematic, as the first 50 feet moved are sitting on top of the original 50'. I liked global warming more than global cooling, for sure.

In the meantime, anybody ever run into snow to heavy to blow? What do I do?

It sounds to me like you need to do the flapper trick on your blowers impeller...

this is the quickest video to show the mod..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XLOCtrAYZc

I haven't done it yet because my blower is a beast... I made it from many others into one 30yr old chassis...

I did this for the neighbor... What a difference...

Try it!

I love that Odwell in your avatar too!

Gm diesel in it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts