Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new here. I have an 08 foreman 500 FPE. Won’t fire. I’ve changed CDI, kill switch assembly, stator and pick up coil, changed rectifier, coil for plug, I’ve checked voltage to the coil when turning over only getting 100+ ac when I bump the start button. The starter only drawing about 1.4amp. I have noticed that the trans won’t shift up or down could it be a bad angle sensor or tps sensor cause all of this? Up for ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so I’ve checked grounds at the frame cleaned them reattached still no juice to the coil so which I used to have juice to there when hitting start but now nothing so guess I’ll be checking the continuity from the black wire at the coil back to the ecm….. anyone wanna chime in for help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve narrowed it down to pick up coil with the stator. My book says I should get .07 at least. I’m only getting .02 when spinning motor over. I bought a used one from I know prob should have went new. Anyways the used one is showing the same .02. Poss two bad coils? Should I go brand new if so from where? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts