Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With a bit of luck I shall be buying this tomorrow. Once bank transfer is done it's mine. :yeahbaby01:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Nice find! Hope you end up getting her !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wow- congratulations on a great find!
If you don't mind me asking, how much? I'm curious what used Honda's like that run over there, compared to here. If you aren't comfortable saying, I understand.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Well done Dad.. I knew you'd end up getting a 350D ;-)

Reactions: rodp

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow- congratulations on a great find!
If you don't mind me asking, how much? I'm curious what used Honda's like that run over there, compared to here. If you aren't comfortable saying, I understand.
It was advertised at £1195 and didn't sell, probably due to the write up, or lack of it. I waited until it ended and offered £400 but she wouldn't take it, went up to £500 but she insisted on £600. That's a good price over here for a running 350D that's half tidy, wrecks for parts fetch £400 / £500.
It will cost me about £80 / £100 on shiply to get it back as it's the other side of London to me so not going there :laugh:
It would cost me £80 in fuel so for an extra £20 it will be shipped here.

Reactions: _Wilson_ and hodge5

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I missed my old one that Tina seized up :icon_frown: Nice machine that was.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I missed my old one that Tina seized up :icon_frown: Nice machine that was.
Yeh that was a good one until it went down there!
Which one is coming to muddy bottom then? Lol.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
'88 or '89 trx350D foreman 4x4 ?, I see the digital fuel gauge :). that sending unit is like finding the honey hole of gold now days ?!..lol. I paid about 150 bucks for a brand new oem nos sending unit some time back, they sold for about 60 when you could go to Honda, and buy them , but they are discontinued today, which translates too, HOW MUCH YOU WANN PAY ?, AND HOW BAD YOU WANT IT ?!.LMFAO.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
'88 or '89 trx350D foreman 4x4 ?, I see the digital fuel gauge :). that sending unit is like finding the honey hole of gold now days ?!..lol. I paid about 150 bucks for a brand new oem nos sending unit some time back, they sold for about 60 when you could go to Honda, and buy them , but they are discontinued today, which translates too, HOW MUCH YOU WANN PAY ?, AND HOW BAD YOU WANT IT ?!.LMFAO.
That 87 that I serviced has a working digital fuel gauge. I didn't know how special it is.
I think that she's going to give me first chance at it, if she ever sells it.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
That 87 that I serviced has a working digital fuel gauge. I didn't know how special it is.
I think that she's going to give me first chance at it, if she ever sells it.
the fuel gauge hardly ever goes bad ?, it's the sending unit inside the gas tank that goes bad over time. HOWEVER !!!, I noticed this '05 trx500fm has almost the same sending unit in the fuel tank ?!, it's posb to convert one from a new model such as mine, and make them work in the old trx350's. it's the same electronic part from what I seen ?, maybe the float and arm is different ?, but nothing a little bending could not fix :). ( and you would have to cut the connectors off the old one, and put on the new one ).

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, courier has been on tonight and he's collecting in the morning and delivering to the factory about 2pm (ish).
Let's hope it's as good as it's supposed to be. Over here though, so long as it's complete it's a good price.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
It looks pretty darn good considering how rust takes over in your locale. Is it missing the starter or just covered with something?
Oil weeping from the valve cover?
Seat looks great that's not a recover is it?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it arrived safe and sound. It's better than I thought it would be, appears to be just one small crack in rear plastics. Side panels are missing and they'll be a pain to find. Couldn't run it as starter is totally nailed, it just grinds over. I have a starter on the donor 350 so I'll rebuild that and change them. It was guaranteed to run good so hopefully it should be fine.

Parts atv's fetch more than I paid so not a disaster if it's rough, but would be good if it's a good one. Seems fuel gauge doesn't work (I have another on the donor) and front light don't work. The top light works on dip and main and is in good condition.

Fingers crossed I don't find any major problems.

Attachments

Reactions: _Wilson_

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Looks like a tidy one actually. Those side panels that are missing... I'd be tempted to have a go at making some from an old set of plastics, I'm pretty sure the rear plastics off the donor 250 were messed up. I think you'd have to make the little prongs/pegs on the lathe and either bond them or make out of stainless with a thread on the end to bolt through the made panel.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll try and get genuine first I think, should manage eventually.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Rod i saw some of those side covers on ebay WOW. What pricey pieces those are one for $164 you might drop manny a note ? He might be able to hook you up, he's got a ebay store as well.... Hope you find some thats a nice looking machine!

Reactions: rodp
1 - 19 of 19 Posts