Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright when i bought my 400ex it has an hmf exhaust, it backfired and popped like crazy so i put the recommended jets in....a 42 pilot and a 165 main.....it ran great, i did the spark plug test and that looked good too.....i brought it down to my buddies camp to go riding this weekend and pretty much after 2nd gear, if im on it full throttle it runs like a champ, but once i let off and slow down, no matter what i do if i rev it or anything it just quits and then i gotta sit there and wait to fire it back up......it sounds like its getting flooded? or is it something else? i never messed with the screw should i do that? if someone could explain whats going on and what to do, id be really happy, its beat having everyone smoke me while my shit dies

thanks guys

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Try adjusting the air screw from lightly seated(closed) to 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 turns out also check your needle in the slide in the carb and put the clip in the 3rd notch from the bottom of the grooves in the needle and check to make sure the jets are clean along with the carb bowl.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts