Honda ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Using the attachment manager, but then copy the link address once the image is uploaded and you can embed it full size inline with the text of the post using the embed image button:

Works like a charm. Image hosting and embedding all in one place, and no need to have to create or add to an online album if you don't want to.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I may start using the photo manager here more. I had moved all of my forum pics from PhotoBucket to MS OneDrive. Works decent, but you have to generate a public url for each picture in order to embed, which is a chore.

Rob

·
Registered
463 Posts
Theres a few options here when using the on site manager which makes it pretty quick. You did mention you moved all your images to OneDrive, and the on site manager is better suited to images already on your computer.

You can use the Insert Image icon, The attachment manager (up to 5 images at a time I believe, which can then be embedded, or the Drag and Drop Upload (Click image, drag, release, done)

The attachment manager is the best options since you can choose the images from the drop down and embed them into your post, the other options will make them attached images only (the smaller thumbnails)

Plus, what we post here stays here, not like PB.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Drag and Drop Upload (Click image, drag, release, done)
This only works on computers I'm assuming. Any equivalent for mobile? What is the did above while using my phone was easy, but an equivalent drag and drop, or an option within the the embed button to just attach a new image would be nice and nearly equivalent to drag and drop, but would be easy to do on a mobile device.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Drag and Drop Upload (Click image, drag, release, done)
This only works on computers I'm assuming. Any equivalent for mobile? What is the did above while using my phone was easy, but an equivalent drag and drop, or an option within the the embed button to just attach a new image would be nice and nearly equivalent to drag and drop, but would be easy to do on a mobile device.
Yes on computer or desktop view on mobile.

I actually just had this same conversation about an hour ago on another forum. They were suggesting the ability to embed images when using the new mobile view. Unfortunately, this is not something within my power and has been escalated to the proper department to look at. If its possible (out of my wheelhouse to confirm or deny its availability) it would be something to look at in the future as this requires development, coding, updates, ect.

·
Registered
559 Posts
TinyPic is a free image hosting site I use a lot.

You can upload there, and get a IMG URL to insert into your msg for embedded images.

You usually have to enter a security code every other upload, but its quick and easy!

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Like this

[IMG ]http://i64.tinypic.com/29bycfp.jpg[ /IMG]

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I actually just had this same conversation about an hour ago on another forum. They were suggesting the ability to embed images when using the new mobile view. Unfortunately, this is not something within my power and has been escalated to the proper department to look at. If its possible (out of my wheelhouse to confirm or deny its availability) it would be something to look at in the future as this requires development, coding, updates, ect.
Pretty sure that was also with me over on GC...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
TinyPic is a free image hosting site I use a lot.

You can upload there, and get a IMG URL to insert into your msg for embedded images.

You usually have to enter a security code every other upload, but its quick and easy!

TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Like this

[IMG ]http://i64.tinypic.com/29bycfp.jpg[ /IMG]

Looks like a good solution....as long as they perpetually keep hosting it since that is where the image is stored. If everyone used this, say for an instructional thread or in a "sticky", and 3 years from now tinyurl goes extinct, those images become blank in those threads. Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks like a good solution....as long as they perpetually keep hosting it since that is where the image is stored. If everyone used this, say for an instructional thread or in a "sticky", and 3 years from now tinyurl goes extinct, those images become blank in those threads. Just something to be aware of.
Yeah it's definitely not a solution for storing your images.

I just use it for embedding images I already have a local copy of.

I used PB the same way, so I never lost anything, but having threads go down with embedded images is a real PITA!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pretty sure that was also with me over on GC...
I just checked. It sure was haha. :grin

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
do you guys see this picture below?

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Thx, its from P.B. I thought they were still good, at least i see them on my end still. Had someone else tell me they saw no images in another thread. IDK if they still work for me, because I received a free upgraded when d/loading the app awhile back.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thx, its from P.B. I thought they were still good, at least i see them on my end still. Had someone else tell me they saw no images in another thread. IDK if they still work for me, because I received a free upgraded when d/loading the app awhile back.
Sorry that may be on my end.... I can see this picture but I couldn't see the first one on the other thread....

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Yeah at least for now, one day they will probably block me as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had some PB images that I could still see on forums and in my library on their site, some that were blocked on forums but I could still see in my library, and some that were blocked on forums AND I couldn't view them in my library. It was weird. I still haven't finished copying all my forum pics from there but I am over using them.

Rob

41 - 60 of 62 Posts