Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Well...... Do as they may.... They should have found some other way to leave the posted images, and solved there own problems as we do with our own bikes........I'd like to think/ Know this will never happen again here.....AND it upsets me to go back n history and see great images gone.........

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I got the email about this a while back but had forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. I have some file moving to do.

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
just discovered this. they want $400 to host!
*a year

Rough deal but it is what it is. Let me know if I can help any.
Thanks, i only had one post with pics that i worked real hard on. i fixed it. i transferred the pics from that thread to imgur.

This was the thread: http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-general-discussion/80809-honda-rubicon-winch-install-2015-2016-2017-strong-made-mount-plate-superwinch.html
Imgur is strictly against using its site to host images for others.

Terms of Service - Imgur

They have been known to completely block websites from accessing their images.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Okay..... Think i have a handle on uploading pics, you guys that can post more then one pic in one post use image hosting ? A question for anyone ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
*a year

Rough deal but it is what it is. Let me know if I can help any.
Thanks, i only had one post with pics that i worked real hard on. i fixed it. i transferred the pics from that thread to imgur.

This was the thread: http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/atv-general-discussion/80809-honda-rubicon-winch-install-2015-2016-2017-strong-made-mount-plate-superwinch.html
Imgur is strictly against using its site to host images for others.

Terms of Service - Imgur

They have been known to completely block websites from accessing their images.
They seem to promote embedding in forums to me. they give you 2 links for each picture that are specifically for embedding to message boards and forums. why would they give you the option if is was not okay? i am really just asking. i don't understand how this stuff works.

When i was trying to find a new site to upload pics to i came across these so i figured it was okay:
https://techcrunch.com/2015/04/07/embed-this-image/
https://blog.imgur.com/2015/04/07/embed-your-post-anywhere/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay..... Think i have a handle on uploading pics, you guys that can post more then one pic in one post use image hosting ? A question for anyone ?
There are websites called image hosting websites that you can upload photos to so you can share, or print, or do whatever with them. if you want to share a pic you uploaded to one of these sites in a message board post, they give you a special link that you put into your post as you are writing it so that the image appears directly in the post.

Photobucket was the most popular site in the world for this and used to let people do it for free. somehow they were going under from this, so now they want $400 a year to allow users to embed photos in forums and websites.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Perhaps they put that in the ToS as a deterrent for those who abuse the site to host images instead of on their own servers (ie: Personal homepages, business homepages, ect)

As for my recommendation - If you are going to post images here, use the attachment manager so that everything you post here stays here. Dropbox recently jumped on the PB bandwagon so hosting images off site may start the whole issue over again.

If you have any issues with uploading, let me know and ill look into it.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
There are websites called image hosting websites that you can upload photos to so you can share, or print, or do whatever with them. if you want to share a pic you uploaded to one of these sites in a message board post, they give you a special link that you put into your post as you are writing it so that the image appears directly in the post.

Photobucket was the most popular site in the world for this and used to let people do it for free. somehow they were going under from this, so now they want $400 a year to allow users to embed photos in forums and websites.
Right^^^^^^ on the above! I take it all the image hosting sites are pay sites ?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Perhaps they put that in the ToS as a deterrent for those who abuse the site to host images instead of on their own servers (ie: Personal homepages, business homepages, ect)

As for my recommendation - If you are going to post images here, use the attachment manager so that everything you post here stays here. Dropbox recently jumped on the PB bandwagon so hosting images off site may start the whole issue over again.

If you have any issues with uploading, let me know and ill look into it.
The whole thing happening all over again was JUST what i was thinking IE a bigger mess of un hosted pics ........

·
Registered
463 Posts
Right^^^^^^ on the above! I take it all the image hosting sites are pay sites ?
I believe there are still some free ones but if Dropbox joining PB in charging members is any sort of trend, I doubt they will all stay free for long.

The best bet is to post images here directly to the Attachment Manager. Once theyre here theyre not going anywhere.

The whole thing happening all over again was JUST what i was thinking IE a bigger mess of un hosted pics ........
Yeah it's been messy so far and doesn't look like they're going to let up. Thats why I wont suggest image hosting sites as we will just go through this all again.

Attachment Manager is free, so use it lol.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Thanks! Vs_Goose I'm steering clear of those hosting sites pay or free ;)

21 - 40 of 62 Posts