Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yap, they're holding people's images hostage until you pay them an exorbitant amount of money to unlock them...

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
@Admin can this change effect garage link pictures, I've noticed some that won't load after clicking on the link .

·
Registered
463 Posts
@Admin can this change effect garage link pictures, I've noticed some that won't load after clicking on the link .
The Garage requires direct uploading so it should not be effected. A lot of the Garages dont have any images uploaded to them.

Which ones in particular are you having an issue with? I will check it out and confirm.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Okay thanks, it maybe on my end with this junk ipad, I'll Check them 1st with my smart phone.

Edit: it's on my end, the links work fine on the smart phone

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
While I understand the "everybody is using our product for free", the way photobucket is going about this is going to destroy them. I give PB a year before it no longer exists.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
If they intended to make money , they should have figured this out from day one, i don't feel sorry for there mistake. because they have efectively made a mess in our forums.....

My 2 scents

·
Super Moderator
5,956 Posts
For about $35-$45 per year anyone can have their own domain + hosting paid for, and have private email, a public or private website, plus host your own photos and whatever else you'd like to have available for sharing. Everything remains in your immediate control that way... you own and manage all content public and private. You eliminate all TPTB exploitation schemes too... Been doing it that way myself since Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet... :)

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Spotted al bore invented the net ? HAHA! Good one, the only things he's ever accomplished is being busted for is feeling up a couple of masage therapist ....... What a full blown blooming idiot..............

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thinking out loud, and me keeping in mind Im new here, and my opinion carries no weight..

I am a member of metal working forum, that has been around since 2004, the owner and admin, will not allow at any time anyone to post pictures hosted on any other medium. All images must be uploaded to the forums server, for this specific reason. Pics stay put.

Im the admin for a doctors private forum, and Ive carried that policy over and practice it as well. This is not one of those things anyone saw coming, but in the same breath, being free, no on can say they are surprised its happened.

Randomly, I quit using photobucket about 7 years back, only because of policy changes they made and lack of control of privacy.

Anymore, I dont post any images to hosting sites that are free. If I cant post to the forum server, I just dont post.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I just went thru something kind of opposite to Busted Knuckles scenario , another atv site I went to will only let you upload pics from a server or host , you can't upload from your computer , so I didn't load any pics and got called out for it --------- I think it should be as easy as possible for posters , as I'd bet there are a lot of good pics that are never seen because the poster gives up trying to figure it out , every body is not a wiz at it

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thinking out loud, and me keeping in mind Im new here, and my opinion carries no weight..

I am a member of metal working forum, that has been around since 2004, the owner and admin, will not allow at any time anyone to post pictures hosted on any other medium. All images must be uploaded to the forums server, for this specific reason. Pics stay put.

Im the admin for a doctors private forum, and Ive carried that policy over and practice it as well. This is not one of those things anyone saw coming, but in the same breath, being free, no on can say they are surprised its happened.

Randomly, I quit using photobucket about 7 years back, only because of policy changes they made and lack of control of privacy.

Anymore, I dont post any images to hosting sites that are free. If I cant post to the forum server, I just dont post.
While the images would be better protected, the issue is that hosted embedding has been around here since the site started, and to remove it now would cause some issues for members.

Just because you are new doesn't mean anything. All opinions carry weight regardless of time in!

I just went thru something kind of opposite to Busted Knuckles scenario , another atv site I went to will only let you upload pics from a server or host , you can't upload from your computer , so I didn't load any pics and got called out for it --------- I think it should be as easy as possible for posters , as I'd bet there are a lot of good pics that are never seen because the poster gives up trying to figure it out , every body is not a wiz at it
What site was this?

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts

While the images would be better protected, the issue is that hosted embedding has been around here since the site started, and to remove it now would cause some issues for members.

Just because you are new doesn't mean anything. All opinions carry weight regardless of time in!

What site was this?
HL. Couple of the local nuts over there are giving fish a hard time. LOL

1 - 20 of 62 Posts