Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't you love it when a bunch of cheap bikes pop up all around you at the same time, usually when you're broke as heck and so busy you can't take the time to get them?

Picked up that 07 500 last Wed, which is now stuffed into long term storage.

Saturday this 300 popped up in a little-used FB trading page.
4wd, complete, ROUGH, $200

Guy was an hour from me, so I asked him how early I could get it Sunday morning, got up at 5:30 to go get it, and was home in time for church.

Then Sunday another 300 popped up for $250, new top end, needed bottom end work so not running, but complete, and had good plastics. This one was > 2 hours away, I'm broke, and no way to get it.

So on the one I did get, the sticker up front says "198?" The sticker is messed up so can't read the last number. The good....It's all there, and it was cheap.

The bad.....
Plastics are done. Front fender is literally held together with wire and plastic.

Front left wheel is \ and the CV axle and likely the knuckle are destroyed

Plan is to strip it down, go through the motor, swap in the TRX250 rear end I have had sitting in the back for a year or so, probably do a disc brake conversion, and put some new or at least decent plastics on it.

Will probably be awhile before I start on it. Still trying to find time to finish my buddy's Rincon, and I am almost through with my wife's uncle's 350 Rancher.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. Yep. I figured those were worth 25% of what I paid for the bike.

Tank looked pretty good too, and other than the front end, mechanically it doesn't look too bad.

Hoping the rear end is in good enough shape to recoup most of what I paid for it, since I have that TRX250 rear to put in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts