Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into purchasing an aluminum airbox for my '01 400ex, anyone have any suggestions? What brand? I see them on Ebay for $90 to $200. I have a K&N filter and precharger, but like how the battery is relocated in the box. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long story, kinda short

Thanks Helmut...here's my story about the quad
It is a 2001 400ex, Its a rebuild I completed over the fall / winter. I bought the quad with a bent frame and A-arms for $1000 after I wrecked it and bent the frame. The quad was pretty beat up (all I did was the frame and A-arm) when I got it and basically became quite the project. I want another cheap easy install I am trying to leave the engine basically stock. Here are the mods and additions I have:
Stock frame/ sub-frame / A-arms / hubs painted black
K&N filter
Jetted
HMF slip-on exhaust
Drilled airbox with inserts
new maier plastics - black
AMR Racing Silver Star Reloaded sticker kit - black background green details
ITP front rims with Holeshot XCR
Razr 2 rears on stock rims
steering stabilizer
Pro Peg nerf bars
Renthal Bars, new grips
Magura Hydraulic Clutch
Brake block off
Twin row East Coast Atv bearing carrier
New Seat and shock Covers

Need suggestions......aluminum airbox? CDI and whether or not they are "safe"? Hot Cam? small simple mods?....I really don't want to spend to much and am willing to buy used parts, so feel free to tell me what you have if you want to sell something...I am going to purchase an antifade nut for the back and possibly different sprockets but I like the stock set-up

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
My buddy has an aluminum airbox on his 400. I believe it is made by UM performance. ????? Not sure. He loves it. I like the battery relocation aswell. Google aluminum airbox for 400ex and see where that takes you.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Looney tuned exhaust has a aluminum air box.

·
Registered
286 Posts
if you want a alum air box get my buddy mike at index to build u one. i builds race atvs for pro riders and anything u can think of. we had one made for my 300ex cuz the stock one stucked.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to the forums...Hope you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts