Honda ATV Forum banner

Air Filter?

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  tomgodd 
#1 ·
hi, i recently purchased an 02 rancher es. its got 2000 miles. it has a K&N Airfilter. i was wondering, how to i know when to replace the filter? its king of blackish redish. it look dirty, not mud mut just dirty. how often are you supposed to replace the air filter? thanks

#4 ·
yeah..most kn's just need cleaning....you can do this to them over an over..thats to say if you use thier cleaning kit..auto zone carries them. as for your sig in your profile..reminded me of when i visited rhode island..left arkansas in dec..go to rhode island..got picked up at the air port in a 4-wheel drive ..i seen they didn't have it in 4-drive..she's like '' what for '' ?.needless to say..that was my first time using my seat belt !!!!!..lmfao..i told her..hey..you try this down in arkansas..and see how far you get with ice on the road !!..lmfao.

#5 ·
What are the advantages of having a K&N? It's time for a new AF and im debating whether to spend money on a K&N or just regular (inexpensive) one. Not trying to thread-jack rancher11 but i figured this was an appropriate thread to ask a question. lol

#6 ·
Most air filters are cleanable. THe K&N lets more air in.
I like it because it is rather easy to clean and you can purchase the proper cleaners at any auto parts shop. I hate the sticky foam filters. Messy. I do know they are great filters aswell. Buy a good filter either way.

#7 ·
Are there any noticeable changes in performance with a K&N?

#9 ·
Ha your pretty great for a free forum! LOL

#10 ·
Free???......................Haven't you gotten your bill in the mail yet? LOL.

#12 ·
lol Maybe after a year or 2 ill stop asking questions and start answering a few.

#15 ·
Thanks guys....looks like ill be going down to auto zone to pick up a cleaning kit.....
Also, i got my bill yesterday....i was not impressed lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.