Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice. Reassembling after stator replacement, and was wondering about greasing, where and how much if any, in the boot of the side driveshaft where it connects in the front. Trx350 1987. Thanks all for
any advice you have to offer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I found a few things out after a little more investigating. I asked about greasing because the driveshaft was floating around inside the holder, and I saw bearings, and
after looking at parts, discovered the seals are pretty well gone.
Anyone that saw the thread back when I joined the forum, asking about this "mysterious"
bearing that I found laying inside the flywheel when I removed my stator, I now suspect
it was one of these bearings that was inside of the driveshaft holder, and when I removed the shaft, the flywheel being magnetized, grabbed one. I cannot say conclusively that this is what happen, but I wanted to share it for all the advice that was given to me on that. Thanks again, you guys are the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
swampy2015
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing